"Human Actions" Task VOC 2012
List of action classes
playing musical instrument
In general, we consider actions of people only, e.g. we do not consider actions performed by animals.
- Only annotate people if you are sure what the action class is i.e. the image provides clear and direct visual evidence of the action. This includes the "other" class - in this case you must be sure that the person is not engaged in any of the other actions.
- It is not necessary to annotate all the people in the image - if you are not sure what someone is doing, don't annotate them.
- A person may be engaged in more than one action e.g. walking + phoning - actions are not necessarily mutually exclusive.
Class-specific annotation guidelines follow below.
- phone must be at ear, not just holding phone. Phone must be visible in the image.
- Flickr tags: "phoning", "telefonieren", "anrufen", "téléphoner"
Playing musical instrument
- strumming guitar, playing violin, etc., not just holding an instrument but actually playing it.
- Flickr tags: "guitar", "violin", "cello", "flute", "saxophone", "cornet", "piano"
- Person reading text printed/written on the paper, e.g. book, magazine, newspaper. Not people looking at a computer/phone/TV screen.
- Flickr tags: "reading", "lesen" "lire"
- person must be sitting on horse, not standing next to it.
- Flickr tags: "ride", "horse", "pferd"
- bike can be bicycle or motorbike. The person must be sitting on the moving bike, not standing next to it or just sitting on a still bike. No water scooters.
- Flickr tags: "bike", "bicycle", "motorbike", "scooter"
riding bike :no
- runing or jogging
- Flickr tags: "running", "laufen", "courir"
- actually looking through the camera, not just holding camera.
- Flickr tags: "photographing", "fotografieren", "photographier"
- Flickr tags: "walk"
- typing on the keyboard/holding mouse and/or looking at the computer monitor
- Flickr tags: "computer working"
- both feet clearly off the ground
- on a bicycle/motorbike clearly off the ground is jumping
- on a horse that is jumping is not jumping
- Flickr tags: "jumping"
- none of the above
- Be careful about this - you must be sure that the person is not engaged in any of the other activities, especially those which may be hard to recognize e.g. walking
- Flickr tags: "sitting", "yoga", "eating"